All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.70
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.40
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.08Trending at AU $23.51
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican Mobilities investigates representations of mobility - social, ecomic, geographic - in American film and literature during the Depression, WWII, and the early Cold War. With an emphasis on the dual meaning of domestic, referring to both the family home and the nation, this study traces the important trope of mobility that runs through the American century. Juxtaposing canical fiction with popular, low-budget independent films with classical Hollywood, Leyda brings the analytic tools of American cultural and literary studies to bear on an eclectic array of primary texts as she builds a case for the significance of mobility in the study of the United States.
- Author BiographyJulia Leyda is visiting professor in the Graduate School for North American Studies and a fellow in the DFG Research Unit Popular Seriality: Aesthetics and Practice at the John F. Kennedy Institute, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany. Her research interests include cuteness, the financialization of domestic space, and contemporary cli-fi.
- Author(s)Julia Leyda
- PublisherTranscript Verlag, Roswitha Gost, Sigrid Nokel u. Dr. Karin Werner
- Date of Publication16/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican Culture Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTranscript Verlag, Roswitha Gost, Sigrid Nokel u. Dr. Karin Werner
- Weight363 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.