All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionJames Q. Wilson is one of America's preeminent public policy scholars. For decades, he has analyzed the changing political and cultural landscape with clarity and honesty, bringing his wisdom to bear on all facets of American government and society. This is a collection of fifteen of Wilson's most insightful essays-drawing on thirty years of his observations on religion, crime, the media, terrorism and extremism, and the old-fashioned tion of character. Readers of every political persuasion will come away from this volume with a new understanding of how American politics and culture have evolved over the last half-century. These essays are t the grumpy words of a conservative who can't be reconciled to the realities of contemporary American life, Wilson writes. Rather, they are straight talk from a painstaking empiricist and consummate social scientist who believes in American exceptionalism. American Politics, Then & Now is a compelling portrait of a beloved nation.
- Author BiographyJames Q. Wilson lectures at Pepperdine University and Boston College. Wilson received a lifetime achievement award from the American Political Science Association and the Bradley Prize from the Bradley Foundation. He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President George W. Bush. Wilson is the chairman of the council of Academic Advisers of the American Enterprise Institute.
- Author(s)James Q. Wilson
- PublisherAEI Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2010
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAEI Press
- Weight481 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.