All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding the effects of radical change on public personnel systems is critically important both w and in the future to all those interested in the quality of American democracy. Civil service reform is occurring at all levels of government both in the United States and abroad. American Public Service: Radical Reform and the Merit System is a collection of papers that examine the invations, strategies, and issues found in the contemporary civil service reform debate. Offering diverse perspectives from expert contributors, this book presents matters concerning radical reform and the merit system at the federal, state, and local levels of government. This volume offers fresh insight into the effects of merit system changes on employees. Divided into four sections, this book...* Examines a portrait of contemporary reforms from across the country and concepts to interpret those data * Addresses whether the relaxation of civil service protections against partisan intrusion will result in corruption * Provides examples of ongoing changes and analyzes survey data from state managers * Discusses a variety of key issues, such as the impact on racial inequality of moving from a protected class employment status to an unprotected at-will relationship The book provides a baseline of data on reforms as well as an account of their current promises and pitfalls. Covering topics ripped from the headlines, this text also identifies pressing issues and makes suggestions for the future. Offering a variety of methodological approaches, it is ideal for all those interested in effective governance.
- Author(s)James S. Bowman,Jonathan P. West
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitlePublic Administration and Public Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number127
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Contained items statementContains 127 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.