All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn American Smoke, Iain Sinclair hits the road to America in the tracks of the Beats. On the trail of the American Beats, Iain Sinclair makes a delirious and perhaps ill-fated expedition in the footsteps of Malcolm Lowry, Jack Kerouac, William Burroughs, Charles Olson and Gary Snyder. It is a journey in search of literary ghosts behind mirages of volcaes and the Old West. In which rumours vie with false memories and unreliable reports to steer our guide from one strange adventure into ather. It is an odyssey in which the beginning offers clues as to where it may end. 'A transatlantic odyssey ...grippingly haunted' Observer 'A challenging, maddening, fascinating journey ...enjoy Sinclair's poetic language and subtly warped sense of humour. Rich and engrossing' Metro 'Sit back and feel the invigorating pulse of beautifully crafted prose ...wonderful' Daily Telegraph 'Iain Sinclair has gone from cult author to national treasure' Robert Macfarlane Iain Sinclair is the author of Downriver (winner of the James Tait Black Memorial Prize and the Encore Award); Landor's Tower; White Chappell, Scarlet Tracings; Lights Out for the Territory; Lud Heat; Rodinsky's Room (with Rachel Lichtenstein); Radon Daughters; London Orbital, Dining on Stones, Hackney, that Rose-Red Empire and Ghost Milk.
- Author BiographyIain Sinclair was born in Cardiff in 1943. He is the author of numerous works of fiction, poetry non-fiction, including Lud Heat; White Chappell, Scarlet Tracings; Downriver; Radon Daughters; Lights Out for the Territory; Rodinsky's Room, with Rachel Lichtenstein; Landor's Tower; London Orbital; Dining On Stones; Hackney, That Rose-Red Empire and Ghost Milk; American Smoke and London Overground. Downriver won the James Tait Black Memorial Prize and the Encore Award. He lives in Hackney, east London.
- Author(s)Iain Sinclair
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight300 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.