All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican Station Wagons - The Golden Era 1950-1975 examines an important quarter century of this versatile vehicle, a time when it evolved into a practical, yet sometimes luxurious family transporter or business vehicle. This volume covers the histories of the major, mir and obscure station wagon manufacturers and models. While makes such as Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge and Plymouth dominated the US market, important roles were played by Oldsmobile, Buick, Mercury, and Chrysler in making the car more than mere basic transportation or a reliable workhorse. At the same time, makes such as Studebaker, Kaiser, Nash and AMC, etc. competed for a slice of this burgeoning postwar market, and were responsible for vel invations in design. Contemporary brochures, period literature, factory photos and over fifty new, unpublished colour photos of restored examples help convey the importance of these historic vehicles. Also featured are images of rarer Canadian versions from American manufacturers.
- Author BiographyNorm Mort was raised in Toronto where vehicles from every corner of the world were sold. He began taking pictures of old cars and trucks parked at the side of the road before he was ten. At 12 years of age, Norm was the youngest member on the executive of the Antique and Classic Car Club of Canada, Toronto Chapter. In the 1960s he began accumulating photos and information on motoring. Over the years his personal vehicle collection has included everything from a 1935 Morgan Trike to a 1966 Bianchina van. A writer for magazines and newspapers in the field of transport for nearly 25 years and a member of the Canadian Society of Automotive Historians, this is his seventh historic vehicles book.
- Author(s)Norm Mort
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleThose Were the Days...
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note100 illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width188 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.