All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis first volume of the critically acclaimed series collects issues #1-5 and follows two stories: one written by Scott Snyder and one written by Stephen King, both with art by superstar Rafael Albuquerque. Snyder's tale follows Pearl, a young woman living in 1920s Los Angeles, who is brutally turned into a vampire and sets out on a path of righteous revenge against the European monsters who tortured and abused her. And in King's story set in the days of America's Wild West, readers learn the origin of Skinner Sweet, the original American vampire - a stronger, faster creature than any vampire ever seen before.
- Author BiographyScott Snyder has been published in Zoetrope, Tin House, One-Story, Epoch, Small Spiral Notebook, and other journals. He teaches at Columbia University and Sarah Lawrence University and lives in New York with his wife, Jeanie, and his son, Jack Presley. He's currently at work on a novel for the Dial Press.Stephen King is the bestselling author of The Stand, The Shining, The Dark Tower books and multitudes of other works, most recently Under the Dome. AMERICAN VAMPIRE marks Stephen King's debut with Vertigo/DC Comics; it is the first comic book writing he's done, based on original material, as opposed to existing characters. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Scott Snyder,Stephen King
- PublisherDC Comics
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDC Comics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width162 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Artist(s)Rafael Albuquerque
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 16
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.