All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican Voices is a collection of short, readable descriptions of various American dialects, written by top researchers in the field. It includes Southern English, New England speech, Chica English, Appalachian English, Canadian English, and California English, among many others. It offers a fascinating look at the full range of American social, ethnic, and regional dialects written for the lay person.
- Author BiographyWalt Wolfram is William C. Friday Distinguished Professor at North Carolina State University. Ben Ward is Consultant Editor of Language Magazine, the Journal of Communication and Education.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2005
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note44 illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width165 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBen Ward,Walt Wolfram
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.