All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionMany of America's favorite holidays, including Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and Valentine's Day, originated far beyond our shores and long before our Founding Fathers were born. Some holidays, including Thanksgiving Day, the Fourth of July, Flag Day, Labor Day, Lincoln's Birthday, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, President's Day, Veteran's Day, and Washington's Birthday, were uniquely grounded in America's past. New Year's Day has become a feast of college football bowl games. Still others, such as Cinco de Mayo, Columbus Day, and St. Patrick's Day, are largely the products of America's rich ethnic and cultural diversity over time. And some have a very personal and specific purpose, such as Mother's Day and Father's Day. America's favorite holidays provide us with much more than opportunities to simply goof-off or spend money. Celebration, commemoration, contemplation, and remembrance are powerful forces that stimulate us to become better people, to enjoy life more, and to be more productive over time. Therefore, Happy Holidays!, everyone.
- Author(s)Richard T Stanley
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.