All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together the essays of Robert Art, one of America's leading scholars of international relations and US foreign policy. The essays represent some of his most important and influential international relations and foreign policy pieces written since the end of the Cold War. Focused on the theme of American grand strategy, the essays cover such topics as: * the use of force * coercive diplomacy * nuclear deterrence * defence policy * the role of NATO * US-European relations. The essays in this collection possess both theoretical depth and historical breadth, providing a coherent assessment of the role that American military power plays in international politics. It includes a new introduction that provides an overview of American grand strategy and an original afterword in which the author reflects on the future of grand strategy in the post-9/11 world.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Art is the Christian A. Herter Professor of International Relations at Brandeis University. He is also a Senior Fellow of the Security Studies Program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and director of MIT's Seminar XXI program.
- Author(s)Robert Art
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.