All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of ami acids and peptides is becoming increasingly important to chemists becuase of the growing overlap of mainstream organic chemistry with bioorganic chemistry and biochemistry. This introductory text begins with a brief survey of the role and diversity of ami acids, peptides, and proteins in nature, and goes on to describe and explain the principal methods of chemical synthesis. With its emphasis on chemical principles and strategies rather than detailed technical matters, the book will be essential reading for all students of chemistry and biochemistry with an interest in this important field. This second edition contains extensive additions and adjustments, to present a completely up-to-date account of the chemical essentials of mainstream peptide synthesis.
- Author BiographyJohn Jones was active in mainstream peptide chemistry for over 30 years and and made a number of important contributions, especially the development of a novel histidine side chain protecting group. His interests have recently been drawn away from conventional peptide chemistry into peptidomimetics based on carbohydrate-derived building blocks. He is currently Editor-in-Chief, Newletter Editor, and Treasurer of the Journal of Peptide Science, the official journal of the European Peptide Society.
- Author(s)John Jones
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2002
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Chemistry Primers
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.7
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notenumerous tables and diagrams
- Weight238 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.