All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe city is abuzz with fanfare and fervour, Giant idols under wraps, ready to be unfurled, Colourful pandaals receive finishing touches To host the biggest outdoor festival in the world! Celebrate the homecoming of a loving daughter, Victory of the goddess and a demon's defeat, See how Ma Durga outshone even the mighty gods How a woman achieved an impossible feat!
- Author BiographyBhakti Mathur, private banker by day, mother to Shiv and Veer (seven and five years old) and an avid delver in Indian mythology at all other times is the creator of the 'Amma Tell Me' books-a series of picture books about Indian festivals and mythology for children in the three to nine year age group. She wrote and self-published her first book, \ Amma Tell Me About Holi!\ in 2011 and over the next 3 years, the series has grown with books on the festival of Diwali, the Hindu epic Ramayana and stories about the Hindu gods, Krishna, Ganesha and Hanuman. \ The real motivation for writing the 'Amma Tell Me' series was to share with my sons the fascinating stories from Indian mythology that I had grown up with, \ says Bhakti. \ But, I found that there were no resources that were simple to understand and that captured the rich imagery of mythological India that is such an integral part of these stories for me. So I went ahead and started writing the stories in a style that I think kids find fun and non-preachy and collaborated on the illustrations to bring out the imagery that I want my stories to convey.\ Bhakti grew-up in Delhi. She studied at Modern School Vasant Vihar. She obtained her graduate degree in Economics and her post graduate degree in Finance from Delhi University. She is a CFA charter holder. She currently works for a major Swiss Bank and lives in Hong Kong with her husband, their two sons and their two dogs. Bhakti is a committed writer ambassador for Room to Read, a global non-profit which offers holistic literacy and girls' education programs. An avid reader, a long-distance runner and a yoga enthusiast, when not working or running after her boys, she is happiest curled up with a book in her hand and a hot cup of chai.
- Author(s)Bhakti Mathur
- PublisherAnjana Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2017
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleAmma Tell Me
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintAnjana Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width257 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.