All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver since Aristotle's famous argument about the sea-battle tomorrow , there has been intensive and controversial discussion among philosophers whether the truth of statements about the future leads to determinism. Ther e is controversy about Aristotle's own solution to the problem, as well as the views of classical and medieval commentators on Aristotle. Seel's book attempts to answer this question for the Neoplatonist Ammonius (5th-6th century AD). In so doing, he also opens up new insights into Neoplatonic thought.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- Series TitlePeripatoi
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content NoteNum. figs.
- Weight584 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byGerhard Seel
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.