Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
About this product
- DescriptionA few years ago, Sun-Hae Kim met a female student at a British museum who was studying medieval women's social activities. She was unable to find information from women at that time because they didn't leave much in written form. She then looked around for some nurses' autobiographies and again found very little information available, even by Florence Nightingale. In response to this lack of personal writing from nurses, she presents Among Hibiscus and Roses, an account of her years as a nurse. She tells of the challenges of being an army nurse and of the fun times with her fellow nurses. She approached each new challenge with expectation and the hope that she would be helping more people. When she immigrated to the United States, she faced new cultures, languages, and social life; she met many new and interesting people. Throughout her transition, she was filled with wonder and excitement for her new life. Most importantly, she recounts the challenges and rewards of being a nurse for over thirty-seven years, in both South Korea and the United States. She lived proudly a life that was t old fashioned and yet still proved she could be happy and healthy without indulging in drugs, alcohol, sex, and gambling. Sharing the too-often-unheard story of a nurse, Among Hibiscus and Roses describes a unique and out-of-the-ordinary life journey.
- Author(s)Sun-Hae Kim
- Date of Publication25/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.