All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionFinalist for the Eric Hoffer Award</p></p>A natural history primer packed with travel ideas, this tour of 26 old-growth forests one in each state east of the Mississippi River and all open to the public aims to dispel the misconception that these forests are located only on the west coast. With intelligence and lyricism, the book highlights the adventure in getting to each forest and what visitors will find when they arrive. From giant hemlock groves in Pennsylvania to a lonely stand of pines in Wisconsin, each journey provides face-to-face experiences with forests containing majestic trees and a rich diversity of life. As an impassioned plea to preserve and support the few untouched stretches of forest that remain, the discussion touches upon the perseverance of these locations despite modern development, as well as the vital link between old-growth forests and humanity s own survival.
- Author Biography<b>Joan Maloof</b> is professor emeritus of biology and environmental studies at Salisbury University and director of the nonprofit Old Growth Forest Network. She lives in Quantico, Maryland.
- Author(s)Joan Maloof
- PublisherRuka Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRuka Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.