All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionWilfred Thesiger, this century's greatest living explorer, recalls his travels among the mountain ranges of Asia. Although Wilfred Thesiger is still largely associated with the Arabian deserts and the Marshes of Iraq, he has also travelled extensively at intervals, over the years, among mountains and mountain people in other remote areas of the Middle East and Asia. In 1987 Thesiger wrote: 'I have always been attracted by mountains...' And he observed more recently: 'Had I done thing else as a traveller except my journeys in Nuristan, these alone would have amounted to something worthwhile'. Eventful, interesting and remarkable achievements in their own right, the Asian journeys - among the Hindu Kush, the Karakorams and the Pamirs - have inspired many of the finest photographs Thesiger has ever taken and contribute significantly to his standing as a great traveller and explorer. Spanning a period of over 30 years (1951-1983) this book draws on Thesiger's original diaries of his various journeys and his vivid memories of them, and includes some 80 or so previously unpublished photographs of the stunning mountain scenery he saw and the people he encountered.
- Author BiographyWilfred Thesiger was born in 1910 in Ethiopia. From 1930 Thesiger travelled through remote areas of Africa, the Middle East and Asia. His journeys and his books have won him numerous prestigious awards over the years. In 1968 he was made a CBE; he was honoured with a KBE in 1995.
- Author(s)Wilfred Thesiger
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/04/2000
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight230 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,B-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.