All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife sometimes offers very special opportunities and experiences a some too magical t to share. That's what this book is: a wealth of stories about an incredible decade in Toni Shelbourne's life. Worldwide, only a handful of people get to spend time with socialized wolves; t the wolves seen in zoos, nervously pacing or hiding in their enclosures, but wolves raised by humans. These wolves trust people, allow us to interact with them, and accept us into their world.This book tells the story of Toni's life with eleven charismatic wolves at the UK Wolf Conservation Trust, Berkshire, England. Over ten years, she has handled, raised, cared for and nursed these amazing creatures, and within these pages you will come to kw the characters; laugh at their sense of fun, mourn at their passing - and learn to love them as she does.Describing some of the best and worst of times, discover what happens behind closed doors when the public goes home, leaving just Toni and the wolves ...
- Author BiographyToni Shelbourne has worked with dogs and wild canids for over twenty five years. A Tellington TTouch Practitioner, and author of The Truth about Wolves and Dogs, also published by Hubble and Hattie, Toni is also an environmental educator, lecturer, and presenter. Toni's work as a Tellington TTouch Practitioner led her to the UK Wolf Conservation Trust, where she worked with a pack of socialised wolves. For ten years she observed wolves on a daily basis, progressing to become a Senior Wolf Handler and Education Officer for the organisation. Her observations helped her develop a unique insight into wolf behavior, and led her to question the ingrained ideas about the alpha theory with dogs: ideas that were often in conflict with her own observations and knowledge. The result was her first book, The Truth about Wolves & Dogs. This, her second book, takes the reader on the very personal journey of Toni's life with the wolves.
- Author(s)Toni Shelbourne
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note45
- Weight227 g
- Width170 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.