All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.53Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough this booklet is based on broken pottery found during the excavation of the Agora, the author ranges far beyond the confines of Athens in her discussion of the purpose and significance of different amphora types. Amphoras were used in the ancient world to transport various different types of products, including wine and oil. The author shows how chrological variations in shape and the geographical clues offered by stamped handles make amphoras a fascinating source of ecomic information. The booklet illustrates many different forms of amphora, all set into context by the well-written text.
- Author(s)Virginia R. Grace
- PublisherAmerican School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Date of Publication01/01/1979
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleExcavations of the Athenian Agora Picture Book
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 6
- Place of PublicationPrinceton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Content Note69ill.
- Weight59 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.