All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn late May 2011, owner and ice-cream maker Brian Smith was prepared with 130 gallons of homemade, artisanal concoctions for the opening of Ample Hills Creamery, Brooklyn. Four days later he had sold out. That year, more than 100,000 scoops of ice cream were made and sold and the success continues today. Ample Hills goes through at least 50 gallons of its signature Salted Crack Caramel every week. More than a hundred flavours have been created at the shop, the book features 75 of these sought-after recipes, including Salted Crack Caramel, Ooey Gooey and the Munchies. The recipes are organised in a unique way; with ice cream flavours presented by mood: a scoop of Black Cow Float if you're feeling stalgic, a combination of baked chocolate chip cookies and cookie dough if you're heartbroken. Filled with stories, recipes, helpful tips and ideas, Ample Hills Creamery also boasts mouthwatering photography of the ingredients and final products as well hand-drawn illustrations.
- Author BiographyBrian Smith has been called the Mickey Mantle of ice cream. But he has also been called that grumpy guy who makes the ice cream. Before earning these esteemed titles, Brian was a sci-fi screenwriter and radio producer.
- Author(s)Brian Smith,Jackie Cuscuna,Lauren Kaelin
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Content Note125 photographs, 125 illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $39.43Trending at AU $41.73
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.77
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.05
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.