Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Jones's Woods, America's first amusement resort, to Coney Island during the golden age of the mid-1900s, and well beyond into the twenty-first century, the thrills of the amusement park have been a treasured part of childhood for Americans from coast to coast. Though many of the country's grand amusement treasures have w vanished, and many other parks are struggling for survival, their memory and legacy are very much alive: there will be a fascination with these American classics as long as the clatter of the old coaster cars and the thumping of the carousel band organ remains. Through thoroughly researched text and historic images, Amusement Parks author and park enthusiast Jim Hillman captures the sights, smells, and continuing vitality of a grand American tradition.
- Author BiographyJim Hillman is Director and Events Coordinator of the National Amusement Park Historical Association. He is the author of several books and articles related to amusement parks. He studied business administration and sociology and has taught at several colleges and universities, including Indiana State University, Vincennes University and the University of Phoenix.
- Author(s)Jim Hillman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/04/2013
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleShire Library USA
- Series Part/Volume Number715
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note80 col
- Weight150 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.