All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough composer Amy Beach (1867 1944) was precociously talented as a pianist (she made her professional debut at 16), she was largely self-taught as a composer. Through a careful study of the masters, she guided herself into a remarkably prolific and successful career. Her <i>Gaelic Symphony</i>, performed in 1896 by the Boston Symphony Orchestra, was the first symphonic work by an American woman. Later identified in print as Mrs. H. H. A. Beach, she produced many other orchestral works as well, along with songs, pia pieces, choral works, and even a one-act opera, most in an unpretentious Romantic vein a catalog of more than 300 published compositions.Some of Beach's most important work was written for solo pia. This volume of her pia music includes a rich selection of the elegant, stylish miniatures for which Beach is best kwn. Among them are <i>Ballad</i>, Op. 6; <i>In</i><i>Autumn</i>, <i>Dreaming</i>, and <i>Fire-Flies</i>, all Op. 15; <i>Barcarolle, </i> from Op. 28; the well-kwn <i>Scottish Legend</i>, Op. 54, No. 1; the evocative <i>A Hermit Thrush at Morn</i>, from Op. 92; and more. Pianists and other music lovers are certain to prize this convenient, modestly priced compilation of works by an important, unjustly neglected American composer.</p>
- Author BiographyLargely self-taught, Amy Beach (1867 1944) made her professional debut as a pianist at the age of 16. Her <i>Gaelic Symphony, </i> performed in 1895 by the Boston Symphony Orchestra, was the first symphonic work by an American woman.
- Author(s)Amy Beach
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight231 g
- Width229 mm
- Height303 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.