All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCochineal extract, diacetyl, tertiary butylhydroquine, BHA, HFCS - it's t kwing how to prounce what's in your food, it's kwing what it does and how it can affect you that matters most. But with so many processed foods on the supermarket shelves and additives showing up in the most unlikely foods, that's certainly a tall order. An A-Z Guide to Food Additives helps consumers avoid undesirable food additives and shows them which additives do harm and may even be nutritious. Designed to fit in a purse or pocket, this little book serves as an 'additive translator' when navigating through the landmine field of additives or ingredients that may cause allergic reactions like headaches, fatigue, and breathing difficulties or those that cause bloating or hypersensitivity. Included are safety ratings to 300 ingredients and charts of additives that can cause cancer or allergic reactions or that should be limited for sodium-sensitive individuals. There is also essential nutrition advice, hints on what to look for when reading those unreadable ingredient labels, and even tips on buying fresh produce in order to avoid pesticides.
- Author(s)Deanna M. Minich
- PublisherConari Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintConari Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight300 g
- Width114 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.