All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis story comes from the Aboriginal people at Warmun (Turkey Creek) in Western Australia. It was told in the Kija language by Jacko Dolumyu and then in English by Hector Jandany. The illustrations are adapted from paintings of the story done by the children living at Warmun. Eileen Bray, of the Kija Language Group at Warmun, said, When we talk about the Dreamtime, we think about the beginning. It was that sacred time when the land, water, trees, animals, sacred sites and people came to be. Our ancestors have passed on the Dreamtime to us through our culture - law, language, song and dance. The Dreamtime is that special thing in the hearts of all Aboriginal people.
- Author(s)Hector Sandaloo,Jacko Dolumyu,Pamela Lofts
- PublisherScholastic Australia
- Date of Publication31/03/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLindfield
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScholastic Australia
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.54
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.65
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $19.66Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.