An Act of Love: One Woman's Remarkable Life Story and Her Fight for the Right to Die with Dignity by Marie Fleming (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionMarie Fleming became a household name in Ireland with her trail-blazing campaign for the right to die with dignity, when she took a landmark case against the Irish State to lift the ban on assisted suicide. But behind the Multiple Sclerosis sufferer's brave fight lay a remarkable life story kwn to few. From her young years growing up in Donegal, as she struggled to keep her family together after her mother left, to her battle to keep her own baby - born when Marie was still a teenager - to her later quest for education and self-betterment against the odds, An Act of Love is an unforgettable story of ambition, of sorrow, and of life lived to the full. In it, she also describes coming to terms with MS and the ordeal of her later court case. Completed just before Marie's death in late 2013, most of all, this is a story of the power of abiding love.
- Author BiographyMarie Fleming was born and raised in Donegal. She left school early and became a mother at just sixteen, before returning to college in her twenties where she later gained her MBA. In her mid thirties, she was diagnosed with MS, which led her to take a landmark case, years later in 2010, against the Irish State to lift the ban on assisted suicide. Although she lost her case, she gained a huge groundswell of public support and brought the 'right to die' issue into the forefront of public debate. Marie had two grown up children and lived in Woodenbridge, County Wicklow, with her partner and carer, Tom. Marie died from MS in December 2013.
- Author(s)Marie Fleming
- PublisherHachette Books Ireland
- Date of Publication04/09/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationCastleknock
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintHachette Books Ireland
- Weight208 g
- Width166 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.