Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis inspirational guide for advanced acting students brings together multiple ways of creating excellence in performance. David Krasner provides tried and tested exercises, a history of actor training and explores the complex relationships between acting theories and teachers. Drawing on examples from personal experience as an actor, director and teacher, An Actor's Craft begins with the building blocks of mind, body and voice, moving through emotional triggers and improvisation, to a final section bringing these techniques together in approaching a role. Each chapter contains accompanying exercises that the actor should practice daily. Combining theory and practice, this thought-provoking and challenging study of acting techniques and theories is for actors who have grasped the basics and w want to develop their kwledge and training further.
- Author BiographyDAVID KRASNER is Dean of the School of the Arts at Dean College, USA. His publications include American Drama, 1945-2000: An Introduction, Theatre in Theory, 1900-2000: An Anthology and the Errol Hill Award-winning Resistance, Parody, and Double-Consciousness in African American Theatre, 1895-1910.
- Author(s)David Krasner
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/11/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight387 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.