All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeing diagsed with autism as an adult can be disorienting and isolating; however, if you can understand the condition and how it affects perceptions, relationships, and your relationship with the world in general, a happy and successful life is attainable. Through an introduction to the autism spectrum, and how the Level 1 diagsis is characterised, the author draws on personal experiences to provide positive advice on dealing with life, health, and relationships following an adult diagsis. The effect of autism on social skills is described with tips for dealing with family and personal relationships, parenting, living arrangements, and employment. Important topics include disclosure, available resources, and options for different therapeutic routes. On reading this book, you will learn a lot more about the autism spectrum at Level 1, be able to separate the facts from the myths, and gain an appreciation of the strengths of autism, and how autism can affect many aspects of everyday life. Drawing from the author's lived experience, this book is an essential guide for all newly diagsed adults on the autism spectrum, their families and friends, and all professionals new to working with adults with ASDs.
- Author BiographyGillan Drew is a writer who was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as an adult. He is actively engaged with local autism charities and the Dorset Mental Health Team to raise awareness and increase understanding of Asperger's Syndrome amongst health and social services. Gillan lives with his wife and daughter in Dorset.
- Author(s)Gillan Drew
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/03/2017
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.