All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAn Age of Science and Revolutions, 1600-1800, tells the colorful story of a pivotal period in human history, an era that is crucial to understanding our own times. The expansion of trade and city life, the spread and reform of religious institutions, the rise of regional empires and local feudal regimes, and revolutionary advances in science and technology laid the foundation for the modern world. Told through the words and experiences of the people who lived it- kings, queens, and commoners, priests and lay people, explorers, scientists, artists, and world travelers- this is a world history for a new generation.
- Author Biography<strong>Toby E. Huff</strong> was trained as a sociologist but has been increasingly drawn to questions in the history, philosophy and sociology of science. He taught sociology for thirty-four years at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth before becoming Chancellor Professor Emeritus in 2005. Since then he has been a Research Associate in the Department of Astronomy at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Toby E Huff
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleMedieval and Early Modern World
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2005
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width196 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.