Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- DescriptionJim Bradford comes to Evanton, Georgia, to visit his mother, Elizabeth, on her eightieth birthday. Sadly eugh, that very evening, she dies. He decides to stay in Evanton until her funeral. Over the next few days, to his amazement, Jim is besieged by people who have had memorable experiences with his mother. He enjoys the stories, told with true Southern style. However, he is mystified by several things. Why has Elizabeth arranged to be buried in a private cemetery out in the country, with people he doesn't kw? Also, why are a few shreds of checked gingham all that remains of her first son, William? What did an odd-looking little stone have to do with her almost losing her home? He kws, instinctively, that her small, wooden, blue chest contains the answers, but he feels powerless to unlock it. Will he ever learn the truth?
- Author(s)Marjorie Dobbin
- Date of Publication10/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.