All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.09
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionAlan Adaschik's dream was to visit Alaska; America's last frontier and a place which abounds with wildlife and unspoiled wilderness. Upon retirement, Al and his wife Gayle sold everything and bought a thirty-seven foot Damon Intruder motor home to make his dream a reality. An Alaskan Adventure is a narrative about Al and Gayle's trip which highlights the places they visited and the wonderful things they experienced along the way. An Alaskan Adventure commences in Indiana following a visit with Al's relatives who live there. After negotiating the traffic jams of Chicago, Al and Gayle traveled I-94 across the rthern Great Plains visiting Minnesota, North Dakota, and Montana along the way. Heading rth, they visited Glacier National Park and continued on to tour Yoho, Banff, and Jasper national parks in Canada. Afterwards, Al & Gayle picked up the Alaskan Highway which took them to a realization of Al's dream. The reminder of the book is about Al & Gayle's travels around the Great Alaskan Triangle, a circuit of 900 miles defined by the cities of Tok, Fairbanks, and Anchorage. While negotiating this triangle, Al and Gayle's primary goals were to find gold in one of the many streams they crossed and to also find a Wooly Mammoth frozen in a glacier. Toward this end, they took side trips to the White Mountains National Recreation Area, Denali National Park, The Top of the World Highway, and the towns of Homer and Chicken. An Alaskan Adventure is t just a book about touring Alaska. Al is an environmentalist and a theme evident throughout the book is that the beauty we find around us is fleeting and that if we, as a species, continue to over-populate our world, what we see and value so highly is sure to go away.
- Author(s)Alan R Adaschik
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.