All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe letters written by Lt. Sidney Diamond to Estelle Spero, his sweetheart, constitute, in the words of Andrew Carroll, editor of the best-seller War Letters, a riveting war-time account that is also a compelling love story. Sid and 'Stelle had met and become best friends and sweethearts in early adolescence, and the way seemed clear to marriage - until Pearl Harbor. Sid left college to enlist, but, determined to maintain the closeness of their relationship despite time and distance, wrote almost every day, describing his experiences, emphasizing his belief in his country, and expressing his love for Estelle and his hopes for their future. These letters, powerful, insightful, and moving, also reflect the humor that was part of Sid's nature. He served in the South Pacific as an officer, last, in Luzon, in the battle to take back the Philippines. He received two commendations for action against the enemy in the Solomon Islands, and the Silver Star for his indomitable courage, determination, and skill in the fighting on Luzon.
- PublisherNew Jewel Services, Inc.
- Date of Publication24/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Jewel Services, Inc.
- Weight318 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEstelle Lynch
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.