All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn Amish Garden: A Year in the Life of an Amish Garden takes you to six working Amish gardens, from January through December. Matchless photos show the garden asleep, the Amish women putting together their orders for seeds, the preparation of the soil, parents and children planting, the emerging plants, the lush harvest, the food being preserved. This close-up of a world seldom seen shows how the seasons and Amish life work rhythmically together. Laura Anne Lapp lives with her husband and three young sons in a tucked-away valley. Gardening is simply the highpoint of her year. Step apart and enter this pastoral world of hard work, sturdy families, the freshest of flowers and produce, all in harmony with the seasons.
- Author BiographyLaura Anne Lapp, a member of the Amish church, lives with her husband and three young sons in a tucked-away valley in central Pennsylvania. Before her marriage, she was a teacher in an Amish school for eight years. Gardening is the highpoint of Laura Anne Lapp's year. In this book, she writes about a year in the life of her own garden and features, in addition, the gardens of five of her Amish relatives and neighbors.
- Author(s)Laura Anne Lapp
- PublisherGood Books
- Date of Publication04/02/2013
- Place of PublicationIntercourse
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood Books,U.S.
- Out-of-print date04/03/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1114 g
- Width260 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $10.51Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.