All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis companion volume to the Dictionary of European Anglicisms and English in Europe (also edited by Professor Gorlach) provides a critical bibliography of works concerned with the import of English words and phrases into sixteen European languages. The book covers an international range of foreign-word dictionaries, etymological dictionaries, and general dictionaries; books and articles devoted to the influence of English on the language in question; works restricted to individual levels of influence (e.g. phology, morphology, etc.); works dealing with the English influence in specific fields, in individual styles, regions, or social classes; corpus-oriented studies; and major works documenting earlier influences of English.
- Author BiographyManfred Gorlach is Professor of English and Chair of Linguistics and Medieval Studies in the Department of English at the University of Koln, Germany.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/05/2002
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight468 g
- Width145 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byManfred Gorlach
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.