Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is the first anthology of the most influential American science writing in the nineteenth century. The anthology is arranged thematically and chrologically to highlight the movement of American science throughout the nineteenth century, from its beginnings in self-taught classification and exploration to the movement towards university education and specialization.
- Author BiographyC. R. Resetarits is an essayist, scholar and writer whose work has appeared in numerous journals and anthologies, including 'Gender Studies', 'Fabula', 'Kenyon Review' and 'Mississippi Review'. She was a teaching fellow at the University of Missouri, Columbia, and served as associate editor for the 'Natural Areas Journal'. Her background in American studies and her interest in natural history have combined with her research expertise to bring about the current anthology.
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleAnthem Nineteenth-Century Series
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byC. R. Resetarits
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.