All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a brief anthology of the most influential writing by American scientists between 1800 and 1900. Arranged thematically and chrologically to highlight the progression of American science throughout the nineteenth century - from its beginnings in self-taught classification and exploration to the movement towards university education and specialization - it is the first collection of its kind. Each section begins with a biography, putting human faces to each time period, and introducing such table figures as Thomas Jefferson and Louis Agassiz.
- Author BiographyC. R. Resetarits is an essayist, scholar and writer whose work has appeared in numerous journals and anthologies, including 'Gender Studies', 'Fabula', 'Kenyon Review' and 'Mississippi Review'. She was a teaching fellow at the University of Missouri, Columbia, and served as associate editor for the 'Natural Areas Journal'. Her background in American studies and her interest in natural history have combined with her research expertise to bring about the current anthology.
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleAnthem Nineteenth-Century Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byC. R. Resetarits
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.