Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionAn Archaeology of Resistance: Materiality and Time in an African Borderland studies the tactics of resistance deployed by a variety of indigeus communities in the borderland between Sudan and Ethiopia.The main objective of the work is to understand the diverse forms of resistance that characterizes the borderland groups, with an emphasis on two essentially archaeological themes, materiality and time, by combining archaeological, political and social theory, ethgraphic methods and historical data to examine different processes of resistance in the long term.
- Author BiographyAlfredo Gonzalez-Ruibal was formerly Assistant Professor in the Department of Prehistory, Complutense University of Madrid. He is now an archaeologist with the Institute of Heritage Studies (Incipit) of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), which is a group of over fifty people focusing on the study of cultural heritage as a scientific problem. Gonzalez-Ruibal is the editor of Reclaiming Archaeology: Beyond the Tropes of Modernity (2013), book of essays from a diverse array of archaeologists who have dealt in one way or another with modernity, including scholars from non-Anglophone countries who have approached the issue in original ways during recent years, as well as contributors from other fields who engage in a creative dialogue with archaeology and the work of archaeologists.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2014.
- Author(s)Alfredo Gonzalez-Ruibal
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- Series TitleArchaeology in Society
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note74 black & white halftones, 1 tables
- Weight721 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.