All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an incredible true story about a man who wields his visceral passion for birds and flight that ultimately leads to giving a one-winged Bald Eagle a second chance to fly. Follow John Stokes as he takes you down the remarkable path of his life, from his early fascination with sparrows to later establishing a bird rehabilitation program where he meets Osceola, the eagle that changes his life. Learn about John's influences and events that lead to his goal to work with eagles. The reader will feel John's heartbreak, disappointment and eventual triumph as he returns Osceola to the sky in their historic hang gliding flights.
- Author BiographyJohn Stokes was born in New Albany, Mississippi, the same birthplace as William Faulkner. He spent the first ten years of his life in Meridian, Mississippi. He lived a short period of time in Nashville, then moved to Memphis, eventually back to the Nashville area, then to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, Lompoc and Ventura, California. He now resides outside of Chattanooga, Tennessee with his wife, Dale. He has been involved with hang gliding since 1975 and has worked with birds since 1977.
- Author(s)John L Stokes
- PublisherJohn L Stokes
- Date of Publication08/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn L Stokes
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.