All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- Description'La Belle Epoch' - Edward VII's reign from 1901 to 1910 - is often seen as a time of endless summers and large country house parties. It was, but only if you were rich, life was very different at the other end of the social scale. The motor car was becoming a 'must have' for the upwardly mobile, aviation was gaining momentum and electricity was becoming more common in Britain's homes. It was also a time of great social change. The 'class' system was important to the Edwardians, a subject of constant debate in the newspapers. Using contemporary photographs and advertising this book takes you through this fascinating period, the inventions and the politics, how they lived and what they bought and what they did for entertainment. How did the Edwardian lady dress? What were they eating? Life in Edwardian times is revealed by Mrs Rowena Davison, an Edwardian housewife, mother and business woman who gives us an insight into that 'golden era'.
- Author BiographyReuben Davison has worked in publishing for twenty years before leaving to start his own small publishing business in 2008. He is the author of one other book In Loving Memory The Story of Undercliffe Cemetery in Bradford. Reuben enjoys writing, walking the hills and playing his guitar.
- Author(s)Reuben Davison
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.