Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionAn Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary, a two volume set written by Egyptian expert E.A. Wallis Budge, is quite simply one of the most comprehensive and detailed dictionaries of Egyptian hieroglyphs with English to accompany it. The series includes a detailed Introduction by the author with key words and glyphs, a bibliography of works used to help with translation and research, glyphs organized alphabetically by the Egyptian alphabet with accompanying words and English translations, tables of hieroglyphs with phonetic and numeric values and accompanying translations, lists of both Egyptian kinds and locations, and an Index of both English and Egyptian words. Volume II includes letters S through TCH of hieroglyphs and translations, a list of Egyptian kings and geographical locations, and the Indexes. SIR ERNEST ALFRED THOMPSON WALLIS BUDGE (1857-1934) was born in Bodmin, Cornwall in the UK and discovered an interest in languages at a very early age. Budge spent all his free time learning and discovering Semitic languages, including Assyrian, Syriac, and Hebrew. Eventually, through a close contact, he was able to acquire a job working with Egyptian and Iraqi artifacts at the British Museum. Budge excavated and deciphered numerous cuneiform and hieroglyphic documents, contributing vastly to the museum's collection. Eventually, he became the Keeper of his department, specializing in Egyptology. Budge wrote many books during his lifetime, most specializing in Egyptian life, religion, and language.
- Author(s)Ernest A Wallis Budge
- PublisherCosimo Classics
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCosimo Classics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1066 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.