All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the #1 New York Times bestselling author of A Torch Against the Night INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTELLERAMAZON'S BEST YOUNG ADULT BOOK OF 2015PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD WINNER - FAVORITE FANTASYBUSTLE'S BEST YOUNG ADULT BOOK OF 2015 This vel is a harrowing, haunting reminder of what it means to be human -- and how hope might be kindled in the midst of oppression and fear. -- The Washington Post An Ember in the Ashes could launch Sabaa Tahir into JK Rowling territory...It has the addictive quality of The Hunger Games combined with the fantasy of Harry Potter and the brutality of Game of Thrones. --Public Radio International An Ember in the Ashes glows, burns, and smolders--as beautiful and radiant as it is searing. --Huffington Post A worthy vel - and one as brave as its characters. --The New York Times Book Review Laia is a slave. Elias is a soldier. Neither is free. Under the Martial Empire, defiance is met with death. Those who do t vow their blood and bodies to the Emperor risk the execution of their loved ones and the destruction of all they hold dear. It is in this brutal world, inspired by ancient Rome, that Laia lives with her grandparents and older brother. The family ekes out an existence in the Empire's impoverished backstreets. They do t challenge the Empire. They've seen what happens to those who do. But when Laia's brother is arrested for treason, Laia is forced to make a decision. In exchange for help from rebels who promise to rescue her brother, she will risk her life to spy for them from within the Empire's greatest military academy. There, Laia meets Elias, the school's finest soldier--and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias wants only to be free of the tyranny he's being trained to enforce. He and Laia will soon realize that their destinies are intertwined--and that their choices will change the fate of the Empire itself.
- Author BiographySabaa Tahir grew up in California's Mojave Desert at her family's eighteen-room motel. There, she spent her time devouring fantasy novels, raiding her brother's comic book stash, and playing guitar badly. She began writing An Ember in the Ashes while working nights as a newspaper editor. She likes thunderous indie rock, garish socks, and all things nerd. Sabaa currently lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her family. For more information, please visit Sabaa at SabaaTahir.com or on Twitter @SabaaTahir.
- Author(s)Sabaa Tahir
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- Series TitleEmber in the Ashes
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight680 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.