All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn eminent British writer returns to the resort hotel in the Japanese mountains where he once spent a beautiful, swed-in winter. It was there he fell in love and wrote his best-selling vel, The Waterwheel, accusing America of being in denial about the horrific aftermath of the Tokyo firebombings and the nuclear destruction at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. As we learn more about his earlier life, however - as a student in Bloomsbury, involved with a famous American painter - we realise that he too is in denial, trying to escape past events that are w rapidly catching up with him. A sweeping vel of East and West, love and war, truths and denials.
- Author BiographyJ. David Simons is a former lawyer and lecturer at universities in Japan and the UK and is the author of two novels, short stories and essays. His first novel, The Credit Draper, was shortlisted for the McKitterick Prize, and he has received bursaries and writing fellowships from three prestigious organisations. Having spent many years travelling the world, he now lives in Glasgow, the city of his birth.
- Author(s)J. David Simons
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight300 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.