All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduce children ages 7 and up to more than 50 great artists and their work with this lively family-oriented art resource. This treasure trove from the National Gallery of Art features works of art by, among others, Raphael, Rembrandt, Georgia O'Keeffe, Henri Matisse, Chuck Close, Jacob Lawrence, Pablo Picasso, and Alexander Calder, representing a wide array of artistic styles and techniques. Each chapter is focused on a theme ranging from studying nature and observing everyday life to breaking traditions and telling stories and includes works from a broad spectrum of artists, art mediums, nationalities, and time periods. Forty fun activities throughout will inspire the artist and art appreciator in every child. Written by museum educators with decades of hands-on experience helping children connect with art and the lives of artists, the projects include molding a clay figure inspired by Edgar Degas's sculptures; drawing an object from touch alone, inspired by Joan Miro's experience as an art student; painting a double-sided portrait reflecting physical traits and personality traits, inspired by Leonardo da Vinci's Ginevra de' Benci; and creating a story based on a Mary Cassatt painting. Educators, homeschoolers, and families alike will find their creativity sparked by this beautiful gathering of art and information from the nation's stellar collection.
- Author BiographyThe <b>National Gallery of Art</b> maintains one of the world's most renowned collections of American and European masterpieces from the 13th century to the present. The collection includes paintings, drawings, prints, photographs, sculpture, decorative arts, and new media arts.It islocated in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)National Gallery of Art
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight961 g
- Width228 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.