CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionDo you kw your lardo from your Le Creuset, your sous vide from your silverside? If so look away w, this probably isn't the book for you! The Icoclast's Guide to Foodies takes an irreverent look at those among us who take what they eat just a touch too seriously. With 50 entries examining some of the foodie's ultimate icons, it's the perfect way to understand those who strive for the tastiest, most exclusive, most sophisticated gastromic experiences around. In other words, a show-off with thing better to do than bleat about how much they love to eat! Each entry covers an aspect of a foodie's life: from the coveting of virgins - olive oil, of course - and the books they read through to traveling to the dingiest places in search of a truly authentic, locals-only experience - usually McDonalds - and the names they call their kids. So if you've ever wondered what your partner, friend, or sibling sees in spending hours trudging through muddy fields on a quest for an elusive mushroom when they could have just gone to the supermarket, or are bemused by their insistence on trying offal at every opportunity rather than sticking to steak, then these wise words provide sensible answers.
- Author BiographyAlexandra Parsons is an author, editor, and life-long foodie. Her career in food began with a catering business before moving to North Wales to devise dishes, cook, and wash up at an eccentric family-run restaurant. A career in publishing followed, authoring and editing books on everything from breakfasts to interiors.
- Author(s)Alexandra Parsons
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication19/09/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDog 'n' Bone
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.