All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding the ultimate termilogy reference for veterinary assistants and technicians, AN ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO VETERINARY MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY, 4e provides an engaging, systematic approach to learning medical terms and understanding basic principles of veterinary medicine. This user-friendly textbook delivers a unique pedagogical presentation that makes it a comprehensive learning resource. Focusing on how medical terms are formed, analyzed, and defined, the text discusses anatomical landmarks, the positioning of animals, and the relationships between body parts. It also introduces terms used in the animal industry. Case studies illustrate how medical termilogy is experienced in real-world practice, and an audio wordlist enables readers to hear the terms they are learning.
- Author BiographyJanet Romich, a longtime veterinarian, teaches a variety of science-based courses at Madison Area Technical College in Madison, Wis., where she was honored with the Distinguished Teacher Award in 2004 for use of technology in the classroom, advisory and professional activities, publication list, and fundraising efforts. She is also an IACUC member for a hospital research facility and received the Wisconsin Veterinary Technician Association's Veterinarian of the Year Award in 2007 for her contributions to the education of veterinary technician students and in promoting the use of veterinary technicians in the workplace. Dr. Romich is also the author of FUNDAMENTALS OF PHARMACOLOGY FOR VETERINARY TECHNICIANS, 2e and UNDERSTANDING ZOONOTIC DISEASES as well as a co-author on DELMAR'S VETERINARY TECHNICIAN DICTIONARY. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in animal science from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls and her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and Master of Science degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She remains active in veterinary practice through her relief practice, where she works in both small- and mixed-animal practices.
- Author(s)Janet Romich
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour illustrations, figures
- Weight1290 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement4th International edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.