All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title covers 100 years of wartime motorcycles, from the first machines of World War I to the diesel-powered types and quad bikes of today, with 230 photographs. It is a complete reference guide to a century of military motorcycles, from their first use at the beginning of the 20th century to the sophisticated models of today. It discusses machine-gun motorcycles, tracked motorcycles, diesel motorcycles, ATVs and quad bikes. It explains the anatomy of the military motorcycle - its frame, engine, transmission, final drive, front forks, rear forks, suspension and brakes. It features over 230 commissioned and rare photographs from archives, museums and private collections. During the early years of World War I, motorcycles started to enter military service, replacing the mounted despatch rider and providing a means of mechanizing machine-gun and stretcher units. This fully illustrated book covers the lively history of the military motorcycle, highlighting the varied roles motorcycles have played, as well as how the vehicles have evolved over time. It provides a country-by-country overview of military motorcycles in France, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Great Britain, the USA, the USSR and Japan. An expertly written volume, it provides enthusiasts with key information about the history of these diverse multi-tasking vehicles.
- Author BiographyPat Ware has been involved with military vehicles for more than a quarter of a century. He was the founding editor of Classic Military Vehicle magazine in 2001 and is also military editor for Land Rover Enthusiast magazine. He is a knowledgeable commentator at the War & Peace Show at Beltring in Kent, England, each year. As the author of more than 20 books on military vehicles, Pat Ware is recognized worldwide as a leading historian on this subject area.
- Author(s)Pat Ware
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width232 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.