All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten specifically for GCSE students by academics in the field, the Methuen Drama GCSE Student Guides conveniently gather indispensable resources and tips for successful understanding and writing all in one place, preparing students to approach their exams with confidence. Key features include a critical commentary of the play with extensive, clearly labelled analyses on themes, characters and context. They take studying drama even further with sections on dramatic technique, critical reception, related works, fascinating behind-the-scenes interviews with playwrights, directors or actors, and a helpful glossary of dramatic terms. An English theatre classic, J. B. Priestley's An Inspector Calls is as much about today as it is about the 20th century. On a night in 1912, Inspector Goole's unexpected arrival at the Birling family's home turns a dinner party into a murder investigation with some shattering conclusions. Closely following the requirements of GCSE English Literature assessment objectives, these studies include expert advice on how to write about modern drama. With featured activities for group study and independent work, they are versatile and valuable to students and teachers alike.
- Author BiographyPhilip Roberts is Emeritus Professor of Drama and Theatre Studies in the University of Leeds. He specialises in post-war British Theatre and has published extensively on playwrights and drama of the period.
- Author(s)Philip Roberts
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleGCSE Student Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight110 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.38
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $44.03Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.