All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to provide new and trainee instructors with inspiration and advice on teaching children to ride, from the very first lesson. Experienced author and instructor, Melissa Troup, discusses all the basics - introducing the pony, mounting, how to sit in the saddle, holding the reins, stopping, starting and steering, and how to teach rising and sitting trot and canter - and moves on to develop young riders' interest through dressage, jumping, cross-country and competitions. Throughout, the emphasis is on safety - and making the lessons fun. In addition to basic teaching techniques, the book looks at how to plan group and private lessons, coaching techniques for different learning styles, safety and risk assessment, child protection issues, and on-the-job problem solving. The book includes numerous example lessons plans, and there are even reproducible hand-outs on stable management, with illustrations and quiz-style questions, specially designed for wet-weather days and off-horse learning. In short, Melissa Troup provides you with everything you need to kw to become a wizard instructor, ready to inspire the next generation of young riders.
- Author BiographyMelissa Troup is a well-established equestrian author: she wrote Themed Lesson Plans, and Everyday Jumping, and was co-author of the BHS Stage 1 Workbook and BHS Stage 2 Workbok for The British Horse Society.
- Author(s)Melissa Troup
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.