All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating exploration of the way in which animals are 'framed' - contextualized, decontextualized - in contemporary visual culture. Written in a highly engaging style, this book challenges the field, dealing with some highly controversial aspects of animal exploitation and boldly examines material that is seldom discussed within animal studies.
- Author BiographyRANDY MALAMUD Professor of English at Georgia State University, USA. He is the author of Reading Zoos: Representations of Animals and Captivity (1998); Poetic Animals and Animal Souls (2003); and A Cultural History of Animals in the Modern Age (2007). He is a Fellow of the Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics and a Patron of the Captive Animals' Protection Society.
- Author(s)Randy Malamud
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/05/2012
- Series TitleThe Palgrave Macmillan Animal Ethics Series
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight228 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.