All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a self-contained, concise, rigorous book introducing the reader to the basics of atmospheric thermodynamics. This new edition has been brought completely up to date and reorganized to improve the quality and flow of the material. The introductory chapters provide definitions and useful mathematical and physical tes to help readers understand the basics. The book then describes the topics relevant to atmospheric processes, including the properties of moist air and atmospheric stability. It concludes with a brief introduction to the problem of weather forecasting and the relevance of thermodynamics. Each chapter contains worked examples and student exercises, with solutions available to instructors on a password protected website at www.cambridge.org/9780521796767. The author has taught atmospheric thermodynamics for over 20 years and is a highly respected researcher. This book is an ideal text for short undergraduate courses taken as part of an atmospheric science, meteorology, physics or natural science program.
- Author BiographyANASTASIOS TSONIS is a professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. His main research interests include nonlinear dynamical systems and their application in climate, climate variability, predictability, and nonlinear time series analysis. He is a member of the American Geophysical Union, and the European Geosciences Union.
- Author(s)Anastasios A. Tsonis
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/08/2007
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note45 b/w illus. 91 exercises
- Weight330 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.