Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionAuction theory is w an important component of an ecomist's training. The techniques and insights gained from the study of auction theory provide a useful starting point for those who want to venture into the ecomics of information, mechanism design, and regulatory ecomics. This book provides a step-by-step, self-contained treatment of the theory of auctions. It allows students and readers with a calculus background to work through all the basic results, covering the basic independent-private-model; the effects of introducing correlation in valuations on equilibrium behaviour and the seller's expected revenue; mechanism design; and the theory of multi-object auctions.
- Author BiographyProfessor Flavio Menezes is the Foundation Director of the Australian Centre of Regulatory Economics at the ANU. He has published widely in economics of auctions and is regarded as Australasia's leading auction expert. Flavio Menezes has extensive teaching experience in the areas of game theory, industrial organization, and on the theory of incentives. He has presented seminars and delivered lectures in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific Region, has lectured to both academic audiences and practitioners, and has rich consulting experience, including advising internationally on a privatisation model for utilities, providing advice on electricity regulatory reform, and reviewing government procurement practices. P. K. Monteiro received his PhD from IMPA in 1988. He has been at several institutions including UFRJ (1989-1993), IMPA (1994-1996, 1998-99), and EPGE-FGV (1999-present). He has been visiting fellow at CORE (1996-1997) and Copenhagen University (1997-1998). Monteiro works in General Equilibrium, Auction Theory, and Non-linear Pricing.
- Author(s)Flavio M. Menezes,Paulo K. Monteiro
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/11/2004
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight416 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.