Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn spite of the prevalent view against Tantricism and Tantric literature, Hindus in general are in the grip of this very Tantra in their daily life, customs and usages with all the attendant good and evil. The present work investigates and places before the scholars a dispassionate account of the Tantras in general and Buddhist Tantras in particular. The author traces its origin to primitive magic and its development. Narrating the rise of Vajrayana and its place of origin, along with the Tantras and Mantras Buddhism has given to the world, he records the accounts of prominent authors. Aims and objects, the leading tenets, the procedure for worship are elaborated together with a description of the Buddhist deities and its Pantheon. The influence of Buddhist Tantraicism on Hinduism is logically evaluated. It contains Index and illustrations.
- Author(s)Benoytosh Bhattacharyya
- PublisherMotilal Banarsidass,
- Date of Publication01/12/1989
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintMotilal Banarsidass,
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.