All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the strengths of its award-winning predecessor, this new edition of An Introduction to Clinical Emergency Medicine is a must-have resource for individuals training and practising in this challenging specialty. Guided by the patient's chief complaint, this text presents a concise, methodical approach to patient evaluation, management and problem solving in the Emergency Department. Unlike other textbooks, which elaborate on kwn diagses, this extraordinary book approaches clinical problems as clinicians approach patients - without full kwledge of the final diagsis. Fully revised and updated, the second edition includes new chapters on sepsis, bleeding, burns, neonatal, alcohol-related, and dental emergencies. Stunning full-color chapters include clinical images (photographs, ECGs and radiologic studies), detailed illustrations and practical tables. Written and edited by experienced educators, researchers, and practitioners in Emergency Medicine, this text is core reading for students and residents, and an important resource for practising emergency physicians, faculty, and other healthcare providers.
- Author BiographyS. V. Mahadevan is Associate Chief, Division of Emergency Medicine, and Associate Professor of Surgery (Emergency Medicine), Stanford University School of Medicine. He serves as the Emergency Department Medical Director, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA. He directs Stanford Emergency Medicine International (SEMI) and serves on the Editorial Board for the International Journal of Emergency Medicine. Gus M. Garmel is Co-Program Director, Stanford/Kaiser Emergency Medicine Residency and Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery (Emergency Medicine), Stanford University School of Medicine. He is Senior Staff Emergency Physician, The Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Santa Clara, CA, USA and Medical Student Clerkship Director, Surgery 313D (Emergency Medicine), Stanford University School of Medicine. He is also Senior Editor of The Permanente Journal.
- PrizesWinner of AMWA Medical Book Awards Competition: Physicians Category 2006.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note120 b/w illus. 286 colour illus. 379 tables
- Weight3170 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edited byGus M. Garmel,S. V. Mahadevan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.